Hello tokiclover,

tokiclover:
> NOTE: I include the two last mails only wishing to help aufs2 users if
> ever they took the same path as I did and avoid wasting too much time
> setting up and get this great module working!

Thanks for your mails to help users.
But I am afraid you are misunderstanding some issues.
- You wrote about {base,standalone}.patch (and others), but these
  patches are not related to compiling aufs2-util.
- The necessary header file for aufs2-util is aufs_type.h. And the error
  Serge Leschinsky has met happened at the line 164 in aufs_type.h.

This error happens when you use aufs_type.h for kernel-space, instead of
aufs_type.h for user-space. As you know, aufs2-util is in user-space.
Since aufs2-2.6.git and aufs2-standalone.git contain aufs_type.h for
kernel-space only, you need to convert and make it from user-space. This
is done by "make headers_install".
So what you need is
- Run "make headers_install" and convert aufs_type.h to be usable from
  user-space, and install it somewhere. By default, "make
  headers_install" installs it ./usr/include/linux/aufs_type.h.
- Specify the path of aufs_type.h for user-space when you compile
  aufs2-util. Usually it will be "./usr/include".

So Serge specified
        -I /data/build/tmp/linux-3.0/usr/include
        and
        -I /data/build/tmp/linux-3.0/include
But the compiler reads aufs_type.h from .../linux-3.0/include instead of
.../linux-3.0/usr/include. That is the first reason of his error
message. I don't know why. It is totally up to his environment. The
possible mistakes are
- forgot to run "make headers_install".
- did it, but installed different path.
- did it, but failed. there is no
  .../linux-3.0/usr/include/linux/aufs_type.h.
- etc...

J. R. Okajima

download at:  http://p.sf.net/sfu/wandisco-dev2dev