Hi,

Your're right about my confusion or the mix bag of putting together
several issues together when it was clearly about—a failure to compile
aufs2-util—but wait, maybe, it could be different from somebody much
less confused/confusing.

your wrote:
> Thanks for your mails to help users.
> But I am afraid you are misunderstanding some issues.
> - You wrote about {base,standalone}.patch (and others), but these
>   patches are not related to compiling aufs2-util.
> - The necessary header file for aufs2-util is aufs_type.h. And the error
>   Serge Leschinsky has met happened at the line 164 in aufs_type.h.

I'm not misunderstanding things, I was just referring, maybe wrongly, to
a chain of issues when trying to update a kernel or two, hence the
mention of those patches. I do know that one does not need them to build
the utility, however I had the same issue when trying to compile the
utility a few days ago because I've forgotten to check out aufs2.1 when
building against a header included in linux-3.0.1/include.

Now I have to say that I did not pay too much attention to your various
warnings about the importance to `make install_header' nor the
kernel/user-space headers files because it happen that, I use aufs2.1
since a few months now, and despite your warnings and others warning
about that but I still compile the utility against the kernel header.

There are several reasons which could explain why I do that, simply, I
often keep a second kernel and its sources on my system which make a no
go to install kernel headers into `/usr/include' to begin with and a few
minors but annoying things that I should take care of before trying to
do so.

Hoping not being to much confusing,
Take care,
tokiclover.