On Sun, 2026-09-27 at 17:57 +0300, atte wrote:
> I only explicitly rebuild the software to the newest version on git if
> I see something interesting that I want to try out.

Hi,

that's one of the points why mere pkgver bumps for CVS package should
not be done.

> It would be weird if someone was bumping the version to try to bypass
> the default behavior of the AUR helper

It's also annoying when you aren't using an AUR helper.

> I use to try and get me to update the software when I don't want to,
> in fact I'd probably think a no-op update would be someone trying to
> push out a malicious upstream update to as many people as possible.

I would rule that out in this case, the maintainer seems convinced that
he's doing users a favor by doing this, but he overlooks the fact that
his argument isn’t actually valid either. However, he certainly wouldn’t
want to cause harm on purpose.

In any case, I hope someone from the Arch Team can step in and either
remove the guideline from the wiki or strongly urge the maintainer to
follow it.

Regards,
Ralf

Reply via email to