>>Compulsory spinning every year is a lot of risk exposure for dubious to zero
>>benefit on the accidental spin in stats. It will no doubt cause some people
>>to simply give up gliding.

Personally, I don't have a problem with spinning or getting into
incipient spins where it's initiated by me, accidental or otherwise in
either my aircraft or one which I know.

I do not like at all the idea of spinning with anyone else in the
glider, or in a glider which I either don't know or don't trust.

This is not a comment about instructors per se but about individual
responsibility and human fallibility.

I can remember turning up as a visitor at a club and within a few
minutes, the instructor wants to see how I can spin the aircraft. I
don't know him, the aircraft or the site. Why take the risk? Why not
concentrate on not spinning?

When so many countries and aviation authorities have come to the same
conclusion, why do we in Australia have to be out of step?