From: "'Ray Stewart' via Gliding Australia Forum" <gfafo...@glidingaustralia.org> To: "Gary Stevenson" <gstev...@bigpond.com>; "'Ross McLean'" <ross...@bigpond.net.au>; "'Discussion of issues relating to Soaring in Australia.'" <aus-soaring@lists.base64.com.au>; gfafo...@glidingaustralia.org
Cc: "'Beryl Hartley'" <arnie.hart...@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, 20 Feb, 2017 At 10:22 PM
Subject: Re: [gfaforum] Congratulations to the Two Seat Championship Winners As first time attendees, Ros and I can vouch for just how special this comp is. I certainly hope this has worked out well for the Narromine club, who put in a huge effort to make the comp a success. It would be terrific to see more gliders taking part in 20m class, open class and perhaps even club?

Most importantly, we would like to spread the positive feedback so that others who are considering having a go, turn up next year.

Thanks again to the Narromine crew!

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone <https://yho.com/footer0>

On Monday, February 20, 2017, 8:47 pm, Gary Stevenson <gstev...@bigpond.com> wrote:
Hello Ross,
Yes! I totally agree with all your comments. Well done all.

Having said that ......

Re the Narromine Gliding Club, I have to ask, was this great effort financially rewarding, given the small entry list?

I also have to ask the same question of the Wimmera Flying Club, who ran a great Grand Prix event, at Horsham recently. Again the entry list was small. [The Club President recently announced that the Club  has put their hand up to host the next round for this region.]

At Horsham I was particularly  surprised at the lack of international entries, given that international pilots were in abundance in Australia at this time. Perhaps Terry Cubley (wearer of many hats), might like to make an informed comment here?

Regards
Gary