I will certainly try to get to Horsham for the GP next year, unfortunately
I barely made it to Benalla with leave from work! (I was always going one
way or another) The two seat comp also would be great, however not retired
yet, too many comps, not enough time. :(
Tom
On Tue, 21 Feb 2017 at 14:07, Gary Stevenson <gstev...@bigpond.com> wrote:

> Hi Tim & All,
>
> Thank you all for your considered responses.
>

> I agree with Tim that the Horsham SGP event was a success, and also his
> comment that “the result was positive for the organising club, and for the
> town of Horsham. I cannot comment on “for the GFA”, but I will take Tim’s
> word on this. There is no doubt that the racing was fine, and the race to
> the line (and honours), on the last day was a nail biter.
>

> Depending on weather (as always), Horsham can be a great site to fly out
> of.
>

> I too hope we can get a full field for the 2018 SGP next January ......
> and even if you do not have an 18 m super ship, you can still fly in the
> Horsham Week Competition – believed to be the longest continuous running
> competition  in the world. You do not have to remember dates here.
>
> It ALWAYS starts on the first Saturday in February, regardless of the
> actual date. There is no practice day: The first Saturday is contest day 1.
> In my experience this has never caused any problems. [This is something
> that organisers of other contests might think about trying.]  Over the
> years 500k plus tasks have been flown  regularly, and  on occasion even by
> the Club Class.
>

> Regards,
>
> Gary

Sent from my steam driven laptop in a dusty corner of some remote airfield!