Re ATC
My club has had in the past several Cadet camps, in 15 years we have had only one  member from the cadets. My opinion is that the effort put in by members outweighs the benefit. One member suggested that next time all those members going to be involved just give directly to the club, half their fuel bill and not have the camp (we are an hours drive from town). The club would make more money and members spend less! And that doesn't take into account the fact that you have to spend several days with supercharged teenagers, we even had an attempted suicide after a lovers tiff for gods sake. My "man management" skills were once derided by a young twenty something female cadet leader. Kids wreck equipment, distract instuctors on the ground and hoon around the place like mad things. Its a dawn to dusk committment for days in a row DON'T do it!
Grant Harper