Gidday Mark, Andrew and others
Interesting that some people seem happy to "ditch" a few 70 year olds. We've got a couple and they're amongst the most active and contributing members in the club, who have trained many pilots and still are, who have trained many maintenainence people and still are, who have years of active service still to give. Our club owes its existence to these old "ditchables". I hope your 70 year olds aren't on the net. ALL our members are precious.
We have a distance factor to consider at our club,  cadets come from as far as six hours drive away.
Actually our club is in a growth phase, we've had to purchase another two seater to cope with demand. Around twenty percent of our membership is pre solo (5) and we have three recently soloed pilots. Interestingly we asked for advice and assistance from GFA (Terry Cubley), I got two emails and no responses to further enquiries. QSA offered the opportunity to go the schoolage scholarship route with financial assistance and that worked very well, the average age in our club is well below national average.
My point about the Cadets is; be sure you're not just a school holidays child minding group, don't risk what you already have.

Grant Harper