Christopher H Thorpe wrote:

....... where deemed appropriate.

By whom, and by who's criteria ?
This is the problem.
I totally agree with Robert Hart's position on this.
We need access to the raw data / reports, no iff's, no but's, no maybe's.
There are almost certainly many nuances that can be telling that get filtered
out, probably too many.
It is a bit like looking at a small company's financial report (bowling club), as
published for the members / shareholders, and then going into the office (as a club
director) and ordering the office girl to bring up the full chart of accounts on the
computer, to check on the "real story" behind a bullet point note at the bottom
of the public report from an auditor.
VERY illuminating, let me tell you.
I fear the same thing may be happening with our current procedures.

--

Peter Creswick
E-mail     [EMAIL PROTECTED]