Christopher H Thorpe wrote:

I don't subscribe to conspiracy theories and am of the opinion (formed
through 27 years in gliding) that the current GFA system works.  If the ATSB
could be convinced to change its attitude to sport aviation accident
investigation then the reports may just become available (but don't count on
it!).

I wasn't suggesting anything conspiratorial.
What I am getting at is, as the old saying goes, is:-
"The devil is in the detail".
If you never see the detail(s), you may never find the devil(s), and they may
continue to kill people, until eventually discovered by other means.
The whole purpose of investigations is prevention.  I am sure all agree on
that.  You can't tackle issues or prevent occureneces, the causal factors of
which you are unaware.  I doubt anyone would disagree violently with that.
What irks me is that we are in a legal straight jacket.
The ATSB states at the URLS's you posted that "IT" can't learn anything "NEW" from
"sports" aviation incidents, and thus, it follows, that we are effectively denied the opportunity
to do so.

--
Peter Creswick
E-mail     [EMAIL PROTECTED]