-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Peter
Creswick
Sent: Friday, 29 April 2005 11:12 AM
To: Discussion of issues relating to Soaring in Australia.
Subject: Re: [Aus-soaring] Safety and GFA

Christopher H Thorpe wrote:

>....... where deemed appropriate.

By whom, and by who's criteria ?
This is the problem.
I totally agree with Robert Hart's position on this.
We need access to the raw data / reports, no iff's, no but's, no maybe's.
There are almost certainly many nuances that can be telling that get
filtered out, probably too many.
It is a bit like looking at a small company's financial report (bowling
club), as published for the members / shareholders, and then going into the
office (as a club director) and ordering the office girl to bring up the
full chart of accounts on the computer, to check on the "real story" behind
a bullet point note at the bottom of the public report from an auditor.
VERY illuminating, let me tell you.
I fear the same thing may be happening with our current procedures.

--

Peter Creswick
E-mail     [EMAIL PROTECTED]