-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Mike
Borgelt
Sent: Wednesday, 15 June 2005 8:36 AM
To: Discussion of issues relating to Soaring inAustralia.
Subject: RE: [Aus-soaring] What do I do?

At 02:26 PM 11/06/05 +1000, you wrote:
>It raises some serious concerns if there are current glider pilots who are
>not aware of such a fundemental rule as the 200ft vertical/horizontal
>seperation. I am wondering if all clubs are covering the rules of the air
>syllabus properly in their training. The seperation rule is the same for
>competition pilots as for normal flying, as are all rules of the air!
>
>John Parncutt

I asked two experienced pilots on the weekend. One had never heard of the
rule and the other who had been an instructor and CFI thought it was 300
feet.

I wonder what _else_ the training "system" is missing?

Mike
Borgelt Instruments - manufacturers of quality soaring instruments
phone Int'l + 61 746 355784
fax   Int'l + 61 746 358796
cellphone Int'l + 61 428 355784
          Int'l + 61 429 355784