Ben Jones wrote:
But i think the idea is if a STATE is having a STATE COMP then why re draft all new rules from scratch , i think the idea that is currently used is to take national rules as a template, COPY them ,then modify them for local conditions its simple to do you can modify a complete set of ruling in a mater of a hour with some savy cuttin an pastin with some seek and replace word with " " and violla State rules are born.
Which is exactly what happens (at least in Qld and NSW). Those state rules are based on the National rules, but modified slightly - for example to allow smaller number of gliders make up a class or to make FLARM mandatory (in Qld).

Kerry Claffey did this for NSW and whilst I was GQ comps person I did the same for QLD - having first of course taken the idea to a pilots' meeting for guidance.

--
Robert Hart                                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
+61 (0)438 385 533                           http://www.hart.wattle.id.au