I'm colour blind as well, with close shades, and even that gives me trouble.
When you have two small lights in darkness, even red and green, I can't tell
the difference.
All you need to do really is make very very sure you know the glider &
controls back to front before you fly it instead of having to look around.
If you're colour blind and just glance, you could end up pulling the
airbrakes instead of water ballast etc. (as an example, and that's if the
handles are near each other & look the same :P)