Nick Gilbert wrote:
> Why not set up a Narromine Cup intranet site? Could include stuff like
> the weather info and an upload control for IGC files.
DDSC uses the Linux firewall/server to run an intranet web server (and
mail server etc). I am currently writing scripts to acquire and load on
to the web server wx data from BoM and elsewhere so that we have that
immediately available without having to download them from the web
sites. Whilst we have a satellite broadband link, this will help keep
down the data costs.

We also have recently installed an outdoor high gain antenna for our
wireless network and we now have Internet access from the pie cart -
allowing the duty pilot to keep an eye on the weather radar in stormy
weather. There's also Internet access available from this system in the
caravan park and camping area, so when you are here for the Qld state
championships (24-28 September), you will be able to stay in touch.

--
Robert Hart                                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
+61 (0)438 385 533                           http://www.hart.wattle.id.au