On 23/10/2008, at 10:16 AM, Mike Borgelt wrote:

So why are they seen so frequently in the accidents?

Might it be because they're a self-selected population of people who fly
more often, and hence expose themselves to risks more often?

It likely isn't that what they are teaching is wrong but that the teaching is ineffective or incomplete.

Entirely possible, Mike.  But how does switching to a different
administrative system help?  And do you think that the CASA syllabus
is "effective" and "complete"?

It must have some gaps in it, otherwise light twins wouldn't do
wheels-ups on the main runway at Adelaide International;  and B737
drivers wouldn't file a couple of incident reports per year about
go-arounds after accidentally lining up for final approach on Anzac
Highway.

What would you do to make it "effective" and "complete" other than
switch it to a different administrative system?

  - mark