Most IC powered SLGs can get up to 2000' for about 2 litres of fuel.
Most modern ones have a climd of 800 fpm or thereabouts at <50kts with
a steep climb angle.  And although there are millions of moving parts
in the engine. they're all the type of part that a chap with a lathe
in the back room can turn up in an hour or so. You can't say that
about the jets, whatever their advantages.

   Far out!!!