Thank you,
I am pleased to see return of humour to the list
beginning with Tim's contribution a few days earlier.
This also means that several generations of glider pilots
can help one another out with what the words mean
and where the knowledge comes from.
It may reverse the loss in corporate wisdom visible
in other parts of the sport.

vh_...@internode.on.net wrote:
Hey Patch,
I hope St Peter let you subcribe to the list.
I expect you will be getting a giggle out of this - or was that the thunder I just heard earlier
Cheers mate

James Dutschke wrote:
I consulted Santa on the spin characteristics of a sleigh during his visit last night.  We spoke at length and he cited one example where donner and blitzen weren't pulling their weight. This combined with the large payload he was carrying (must have been early in the night), and some slack loading by the elves led to a rearward c of g, asymmetric loading and asymmetric thrust.  In the resulting spin he fell back on his training conducted during his annual currency flight conducted in the European summer.  As reindeer are unavailable during summer the only substitutes available are horses. And as horses are not endorsed for pulling the sleigh under the new CASA part 61 regulations, he was forced to have the horses draw a suitable replacement. A 1932 zeppelin.