To get away from the dick waving "my shell is bigger than yours"
discussions for a minute ...

In note 3745 attached to http://austingroupbugs.net/view.php?id=767
Joerg Schilling proposes making a list of shells to use to help
guide what can be regarded as "standard" for the purposes of compliance.

In that he said ...

   First, I believe that "yash" and "posh" should not be in that list
   because these implementations are too buggy or have unexplained
   deviations

with which I don't agree.   First, because any existing deviations with
the standard aren't really (or at least, necessarily) relevant when
considering some new issue, and second if a shell (any shell) does not
behave as expected (or desired) and that is generally agreed to be a
bug (or even an unexplained deviation) then for that issue, that shell
is simply discounted (or it could even be regarded as supporting the
proposed standard if the implementor intends to fix that shell.)

What matters is what users will actually see, what they can count on.
And for that, the shells that don't measure up to someone's private
view of what is important are just as relevant as the others.