On 05/29/17 04:37 AM, Robert Elz wrote:
There is no requirement that you, or I, or anyone else in particular,
be able to build and run any particular shell.   While that's nice if
possible, a shell is still a shell even if its source code is not openly
available at all (like any that are in closed source systems, if any of
those still really exist.)   Users get to experience those shells too.

We still ship a couple closed source shells in Solaris - the SVR4 Bourne Shell
as /usr/sunos/bin/sh and a modified ksh88 as /usr/xpg4/bin/sh, but our primary
day to day shells are the common open source ones - bash, ksh93, zsh, etc.

--
        -Alan Coopersmith-               alan.coopersm...@oracle.com
         Oracle Solaris Engineering - https://blogs.oracle.com/alanc