Hi Eugen,

On Wed 30.10.2013 17:01:35, Eugen Dedu wrote:
> On 30/10/13 16:33, Paweł Rumian wrote:
> >>Can someone share with me his solution to make suspend on lid closing?
> >
> >I'm not with my laptop right now, but I remember I've used this solution
> >https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/acpid#Example_Events
>
> Thank you very much!  I do not have /etc/acpi/handler.sh, but I
> noticed /etc/acpi/lid.sh.  In it, I set to true LID_SLEEP, I
> restarted acpi-support and now it works!!
>
> However, that file was last modified in March 2012, whereas this
> issue appeared on my machine about 2 weeks ago.  So I assume that
> the suspend has been done in a different way until 2 weeks ago.  I
> still wonder why it is not on by default...

I'd assume that gnome itself reacted to the lid close event, and gnome
itself triggered the suspend.

I myself use a different approach: as I travel even at work a lot with my
laptop, from one meeting room to another I never want to close the lid and
notice that the laptop suspended if just about 20sec later I am going to
open it again. Therefor I opted for doing it manually. The thinkpads I use
have a Fn-F4 keyboard shortcut that triggers (by default in debian) the
suspend. So if I want to suspend it takes me just this one combo to do so.

Regards, Andre

--
Andre Klärner