From: Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:axapta-knowledge-vill...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Anitha S
Sent: 21 January 2010 19:31
To: Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Axapta-Knowledge-Village] Axapta gets hanged !!!

James,

We are using 2 Instances. One is Test and Production.

Amount of Data in test Instance is same like in Prod.(might be around
less15% of data than prod).

Test instance is used by limited number of users.

But after we started using Production instance , we see the Test instance
has also slowed down.Be it compilation or posting an invoice ., nothing
works.System goes to Not Responding mode.

Coming to your question: I had a doubt that our customization could be a
reason for hanging problem. To confirm that, I compiled few objets in AOT.
Now I m clear that  customization is no way related to this issue. Whatever
operation we do in Ax, it goes hanging mode.

As Mahmoud said, it might be because of SQL Server dynamic memory management
problem since both test and production instances are using same the SQL
server machine with different DBs  and our OS is also x64.We are working on
that.

Meanwhile any other ideas or suggestion will be appreciated.

Regards,
Anitha.