Hi Ruwan,
Ruwan Janapriya wrote:

Hi Devs,

Currently in AXIS2C we are using following Macros to log DEBUG, INFO, ERROR etc.. messages.

AXIS2_LOG_DEBUG (env->log, AXIS2_LOG_SI, "[Project XYZ] Debug Message Tik Tak Too");

I feel the above macro is little bit less readable, also atleast causes unneeded extra key strokes to write a log. It is no harm in keeping the above, but we can have a new macro, well a shorten form of it.

This is a good thing to do +1. We need to do a global replace in the current code base.

I would suggest,

AXIS2_DEBUG_MSG(env->log, "[Project XYZ] Debug Message Tik Tak Too");

I am negative to changing the name of the macro. AXIS2_LOG_DEBUG is fine as any othername anybody else come up with. Besides we have used it for so long.

also the above macro name AXIS2_DEBUG_MSG is open for better (short) name suggestions. Since the env->log part has the information that we are going to "log" I removed "LOG" part from the macro name.

some devs, gave more suggestions to get rid of "[Project XYZ] from each and every line, and have it defined at the beginning of the project. And the new proposed macro can use that define to concatenate with the user log message, before logging it.

+1 to define it at the beginning
thanks,
Damitha