Hi Charith,

This is a very good idea. I especially like the concept because this can be
used to "push" notifications to the clients. Here are some few comments.

1. What is your plan to test this application?  Are you thinking of using a
digital modem or a SMS Server on your own? May be this part will be as
trivial as sending an email to a server, or invoking a REST interface.

2. If you are using java to write clients that will run on clients, remember
you will not be able to use at least some of the Axis2 classes, if they are
not supported by the profiles in J2ME.

3. Rather than writing a generic (and crappy) java application, how about
writing more integrated apps for famous phones like iPhone, blackberries,
etc.,. When the applications are integrated, it will be more useful and
convenient, IMO.

This project can be handled couple of different ways. If you can elaborate a
bit more on your plan, it will be easy for us to understand how easy/hard it
is and depending on that we can help you.

With Mettha,
Eran Chinthaka

Health is the greatest gift; contentment is the greatest wealth; trusting is
the best relationship; nirvana is the highest joy. - Dhammapada