Hi Charith,
It always  better to implement for a  specification instead of  a
specific implementation such as SMSlib ,  Initially  you can set up
SMPPSim for  testing  it just like running a HTTP server.

Any way what is your plan to handle size of the the payload messages ..?

This is not a problem with other protocols like  HTTP,JMS or mail but
SMS  you need to think about the size of the massage.  According to
the SMPP spec "short_message size" is limited to 254 Octet String,
also this value may be vary with networks. pay your attention for
possible solution for this.

Thanks ,

--
Sagara Gunathunga