----- Original Message -----
From: "Anecito, Anthony (HQP)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, March 05, 2003 10:30
Subject: RE: Performance

> On the server side I would use worker thread pattern. I have not tried
this
> myself yet but have hopes it will help me cut down the transaction times
> since there is not a big concurrency issue for my app.

um, surely you get this for free with your app server. Axis uses a servlet
to handle inbound calls, however you app server queues and pools threads,
axis will implicitly have the same behaviour. i.e if you config your app
server to have a max of 16 threads, that is what you get in Axis.

> I did ask the question in this group if the Axis servlet is single
threaded
> but have not gotten an answer.

that is what the source is for.

> If it is then there will always be
> performance issues if the transaction times are slow downstream of the
axis
> servlet and due to the nature of request/response and http being blocking
so
> the next http request into the single servlet has to wait till the last
> request is finished.

only if the servlet is marked as singlethreaded. AxisServlet isnt.

-steve