Ahh.

I had a feeling that might be the case.  It's the recompiling of perl/apache and
installing them without messing up the distro which fills me with trepidation.  I'm
not a total newbie but going as far as recompiling these two is a little bit scary.

Could you give me some specific pointers to how best to compile/install them without
messing up SUSE 9.0, specifically?  As I said below my current problem seems to be
with the finding of libxml2 - is that definitely going to be cured if I recompile from
source?

Any information you can provide me with on getting this running under SUSE would be
REALLY appreciated - I really want to play with Axkit but I'm stumbling at the first
hurdle!

Peter.

P.S.  Don't know what the netiquette on this list is - only just joined - so if it's
preferred I mailed off-list then please let me know!