OK, as long as the caching is better then that's OK I guess... I did some work on mediawiki a few months ago when they were having trouble keeping up with scaling and really solidified my previous opinion that scaling well is all about static caching. I mean, putting off anything dynamic to be as late in the pipeline and as small as possible. In the case of wikipedia, their code is just a nasty nightmare spaghetti monster... that I don't have the time to untangle right now.

But with my own stuff on semacode.org I do want to add user logins and interactive features eventually. On the other hand, I don't want to use AxKit for everything, at least for the foreseeable future. For example I've adopted Sympa as my mailing list manager. It's really good, too. I'd like to build bridges between these different platforms and I'm still trying to figure out how that's going to work (some kind of common auth framework presumably is needed). I don't want to have to use "the AxKit MLM" (since there isn't one now anyway...) but I do want to be able to integrate everything seamlessly.

--simon