Shervoy is on the list.  But the postings from this person have 2 Re: in
them, so it breaks the thread.  They get caught in the queue so I need to
repost them.  It's always best to leave the subject alone, just hit reply,
and type away.

>From Shervoy:
I looked at the Whaling Museum's site, and he was not listed among the crews
of the 3 trips the Kate Cory made to Faial. Therefore, I suspect that he
signed onto a different ship in Faial, and somewhere along the line, signed
onto the Kate Cory. He was on that ship when it was confiscated by the U.S.
Navy during the Civil War, and it was burned by the Confederate ship The
Alabama. The seamen were put ashore on the coast of Brazil.