Thanks Karen,
I'll check back with the Diocese office. I'm only looking for records before 1930.

Mary

On Aug 13, 2011, at 11:57 AM, Karen Hillman wrote:

Mary,
I had the same thing happen to me at a Catholic church in Visalia when I was doing a survey of Church Records for a class I was taking. I was allowed to only see my daughters (1977) record. However, when I asked the person helping me about other records, I was told that anything after 1930 was at the parish and restricted but older records were archived in the Diocese office and were available. You just had to request from them. You might check to see if that works where you are. I agree with Cheri, making a donation can never hurt.

Karen Silva Hillman
Researching Luiz, Silveira, Sousa on
St. Jorge, Azores, Portugal