Dear Rick,

Thank you, thank you.  Yes, the record is difficult to read, but I've been
poring over it.  Looks to me as if Amalia's parents were naturals of Nossa
Senhora da Estrella in Ribeira Grande.  I'm so happy to have her
grandparents names, which I had not known.  I get the following:

Paternal:  Manoel Cabral and Roza Joaquianna (not sure about the last part)
Maternal:  Jose Dinis???? and Roza de Jesus

I'm not sure about "Dinis."  I think it's a "D," but if it's a "P" it could
be Paiva.  I'll look at it again later and see if it becomes clearer.

The date is giving me difficulty, though.  I'm reading fifth day of the
month of February of eighteen hundred and--and here is where I get
confused.  It has to be "quarenta" or "cinquenta," but I can't make out a
"q" in the word..  Your title for the photo shows the year to be 1847, but
that would make her 26 rather than 25 at the time of her marriage in 1873.
Could the year possibly be "cincuenta e dois"?  Is "fifty" ever spelled
that way?  According to her gravestone, she was born in 1852, but that
doesn't mean anything.

Anyway, I'll give it a rest for now and then look at it later.  In the
meantime, it's great to have the names (sort of) of my new ggggrandparents.

Thanks again for all your help with this.

Nancy