From: azores@googlegroups.com [azores@googlegroups.com] on behalf of Gayle
Machado [gayle.mach...@fresnocitycollege.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, December 27, 2011 12:57 PM
To: azores@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: [AZORES-Genealogy] Records I have Compiled.

Eliseu,

The list is rather short. But, here goes:
     From Graciosa
            1. Andre Rodrigues Miranda (son of Antonio Miranda and Maria Reyes,
deceased) married Theresa Garcia
               (daughter of Gaspar Garcia Sarmento and Maria Pereira.) She was
born in Candelaria, Pico, and he was
               from Luz, Garciosa. Date of Marriage 17 Aug 1733

     From Sao Miguel
            2. Antonio Rodrigues Benavides (son of Manuel Benavides and Maria
Rodrigues) married Maria Gularte
               (widow of Manuel Pereira.) He was from Rabo Peixo, Ribeira
Grande, Sao Miguel, while she was from
               Candelaria, Pico. They married 25 Oct 1730.

            3. Antonio Rodrigues Luis (son of Antonio Rodrigues Luis and Maria
da Conceicao) married Maria
                Estrella/Josefa (widow of Manuel Arruda). He was from
Candelaria. Either she or her prior husband was
                from Nossa Senhora da Conceicao, Ribeira Grande, Sao Miguel. (I
must have thought I knew which one I
                meant when I wrote out the record 17+ years ago.) Also, my
records show Maria da Estrella while NEPS
                shows her as Maria Josefa from Candelaria. They married 3/13
May 1806. Once again a conflict with
                NEPS as to the actual date.

I apologize for the confusion in the last record. There are two primary
reasons: 1) The Candelaria records are difficult to read due to fading, ink
smears and bleeding; 2) I was learning as I went with the marriage records
being the first records I transcribed. I did the obits next and some of the
baptisms. I would rather tell you where I am unsure than to pretend I was an
authority. If the people in the last record as of interest to you, I figure
you'll check it out and get back to me with your interpretation. I suspect you
can read Portuguese better than I do.

I hope this helps you. Good luck with your research.

Gayle