For the purpose of learning to translate these documents, could you provide
the link to the below translated document?  I would like to save both and
study them.  Thanks in advance, Sam in Maz (for one more day).

-----Original Message-----
From: azores@googlegroups.com [mailto:azores@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Dano
Sent: Wednesday, April 10, 2013 7:25 AM
To: azores@googlegroups.com
Subject: [AZORES-Genealogy] Translation Help

(The narrative is a little more elaborate than I have normally seen, so I
thought it best to just translate the entire document, so as not to leave
anything out).

"On the morning of the sixth day of the month of October in the year one
thousand eight hundred and nineteen, in this parish church of the Apostle
Saint Peter, in the place of Nordestinho, having been posted here, and, in
the cathedral of Saint George, in the place of Nordeste, and, in the
affiliated chapels of these churches, the three banns of marriage in the
form ordered by the Sacred Council of Trent, and the diocese, having not
discovered any canonical impediment by the Ecclesistical Judge, I am
required by mandate of the magistrate of the District, Vicar Father Manuel
Joaquim Machado, to me, Eusebio Francisco de Sa Bettencourt, the witnesses
signed below, and, the many more other persons of this parish known to me,
and by the testement of the persons present at the Solemn marriage "em Facia
de Igreja," of Joaquim Teixeira, son of Manuel Teixeira and Mariana de
Pimentel, and, Maria de Pimentel, daughter of Manuel Furtado Soares, and
Maria de  Pimentel, baptized and having discharged their Lenten obligation
for the three past years in this same parish, having been examined in
Christian Doctrine and received the blessings in the form mandated by the
Church. For the record, I dated this event day month and year as above.
attested: Vicar Eusebio Francisco de Sa Betancourt; witness mark: Manuel da
Silva; witness mark: Joao Ignacio de Medeiros.

--
For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail