(The narrative is a little more elaborate than I have normally seen, so I
thought it best to just translate the entire document, so as not to leave
anything out).

"On the morning of the sixth day of the month of October in the year one
thousand eight hundred and nineteen, in this parish church of the Apostle Saint
Peter, in the place of Nordestinho, having been posted here, and, in the
cathedral of Saint George, in the place of Nordeste, and, in the affiliated
chapels of these churches, the three banns of marriage in the form ordered by
the Sacred Council of Trent, and the diocese, having not discovered any
canonical impediment by the Ecclesistical Judge, I am required by mandate of
the magistrate of the District, Vicar Father Manuel Joaquim Machado, to me,
Eusebio Francisco de Sa Bettencourt, the witnesses signed below, and, the many
more other persons of this parish known to me, and by the testement of the
persons present at the Solemn marriage "em Facia de Igreja," of Joaquim
Teixeira, son of Manuel Teixeira and Mariana de Pimentel, and, Maria de
Pimentel, daughter of Manuel Furtado Soares, and Maria de  Pimentel, baptized
and having discharged their Lenten obligation for the three past years in this
same parish, having been examined in Christian Doctrine and received the
blessings in the form mandated by the Church. For the record, I dated this
event day month and year as above.
attested: Vicar Eusebio Francisco de Sa Betancourt; witness mark: Manuel da
Silva; witness mark: Joao Ignacio de Medeiros.