Hi Ralph -- All of my known Silveira Cardoso and Silveira ancestors are
from Pico, not Faial; it's my Freitas line that traces to Flores.  In other
words, while we may be related somewhere back there (as are many/most
Azorean Silveira descendants) it's probably not close, given the difference
in islands.

Re DNA, I haven't yet had a test done, but my Silveira Cardosos and
Silveiras aren't in a direct matrilineal or patrilineal line to me, so at
least as I understand it we wouldn't be able to be sure about any specific
lines intersecting.

David da Silva Cornell
Miami, FL

Researching the following surnames:

Faial - Terra (unknown freguesia(s))

Flores - Freitas, Lourenço, Coelho (unknown freguesia(s))

Pico - Silveira Cardoso, Macedo, Machado, Pereira Madruga, Ferreira,
Cardoso, Cardoso Machado, Vieira, Bettencourt, Dutra, Castanho, Homem,
Goulart, Quaresma, Moniz, Barreto, Silveira, Mancebo, Pereira, Álvares (all
Lajes do Pico)

S. Jorge - Silva, Botelho, Azevedo, Cardoso (Urzelina); Silva, Azevedo,
Cardoso (Santo António in Norte Grande)