I am stuck on my great grandfather on the Steves/Esteves side. I have tried
searching the culturacores site but have had no luck since I cant read
Portuguese even as much as I wish I could and my Spanish 2 I am currently
taking in school isn't helping much lol. But here is all the information we
have on him; Frank Machado Steves II it was Francisco Machado Esteves but
once he came to the states in 1920 they changed it to a simple form of
that. He arrived at Providence, Rhode Island on the boat the Roma. He was
born 5/18/1898 in Angra Terceira, Portugal. To father Francisco Machado
Esteves and mother Maria Rita I am not to positive of how accurate his
mothers name is it was just the name I was given by my grandmother but we
are not positive since Franks parents stayed in the Azores. Frank married
Edna Maria Fagundes in 1931. And they had 7 kids but one died as a infant.
His death date was 6/5/1978 the day after he fulfilled his promise he made
to his country and his parents, his wifes is 12/18/1992. For his fathers
birthdate we have as around 1870 and death as 5/9/1932 both in Sao
Sebastiao.
Thank you
Courtney Luis