I think this is an excellent explanation. I've used many of the indexes
that appear in various Graciosa registers. Sometimes they are helpful in
that they point me to a record. I would like to add that, although I have
found most of the indexes at the back I have occasionally found some in the
front of the book, so I always look at the first few pages and the last few
pages and hope that I'm lucky! They do help but sometimes even if I don't
find want I'm looking for in an index I'll look through the records for the
years I want anyway just in case there was omission. Sue