It's weird how few people follow a thread, or even read the original post....

James and Brian,

this request concerns BBC feeds that update on a regular basis and provide suitable images or icons to indicate this...

bbc weather is one case in point.
yahoo news and flickr pets being others.

cheers

Jonathan Chetwynd