Brian Butterworth wrote:
It seems incredible to me that the BBC is DELIBERATELY providing me (via Microsoft) with inaccurate information.

If you were to start by assuming that inaccuracies in the EPG data provided by the BBC were there for reasons other than to screw over Windows Media Center users, you might be more likely to come up with a reasonable explanation for the behaviour.

*I* know I can do this, I just wanted to know why the BBC was providing poisoned information. Why should people who have paid for Windows Vista Ultimate Edition have a poor service on purpose?

Why should the BBC optimise its schedule services for the benefit of one particular manufacturer of DTT viewing software? As Martin describes, there are standard ways of accurately timing recordings from DTT, and if Microsoft doesn't choose to make them available to users of its software, I don't think it's reasonable to blame the BBC or any other broadcaster for this.

Given how much you know about broadcasting, I am certain that you are aware of the conceptual and practical differences between programme schedules published a week or more in advance, and actual playout times, which can vary considerably, especially (but by no means exclusively) if live events overrun. I don't know much about Digiguide, but it seems probable to me that they are only providing you with the former information. Again, I find it hard to understand how the BBC is to blame for this.