On Monday 2016-11-28 11:56:25 Jaime Ferrer Hepp wrote:
> Thanks Josip, I 'll take a look into it. Mainly what might be helpful is
> to have bacula-fd binaries for the different linux distributions and
> version. Regarding bacula-dir and bacula-sd I prefer to use Kern's
> suggestion to have all files under /opt/bacula. Today I have it using
> the "RedHat standard" and it is really cumbersome to maintain and
> update.

I don't know. It's all the same for me if all the paths are properly set.

If all the libraries, binaries and manuals are at the correct locations
they should already exist in the relevant path environment variable and
you shouldn't experience any problems whether you are using /opt/bacula
or /usr as your prefix during the configure and compile time.

In case you want to check the content of the bacula rpm package you can
simply issue the command rpm -ql <name of the package> and that's it.

I understand that the bacula developers have additional things to care
abut because they need to make it easier to support but for the end users
it shouldn't be a problem or at least I am unable to see it.

--
Josip Deanovic