On Tuesday 2016-11-29 11:46:00 Kern Sibbald wrote:
> On 11/29/2016 06:04 AM, Josip Deanovic wrote:
> > I will have to get some time to study bsr files and their usage.
> > Shame on me for failing to do so years ago.
>
> No problem, nothing lost and possibly more to gain by studing bsr usage
> now.  On my side, I made one mistake above in writing "No need to use
> bextract".  Well, in fact I do use bextract to get everything back but
> with a .bsr file sent by email, or I do use a Bacula already installed
> on another machine to restore using the bsr file.

I got some time to look into the bsr files and I have found that bootstrap
files are recreated during the full backup of a job.

I wasn't aware of this and this is exactly what I need. Up until now I
would inspect all the volumes and manually create a bsr file needed for a
disaster recovery restore which is a time consuming task even with a help
of shell oneliners.

It would be a good idea to modify the documentation with a sentence that
states that bootstrap files are recreated during the full backup of a job.
I don't think I have ever stumbled on that info before.

--
Josip Deanovic