Hello,

śr., 19 cze 2024 o 14:28 Stefan G. Weichinger <li...@xunil.at> napisał(a):

> Am 19.06.24 um 09:46 schrieb Radosław Korzeniewski:
>
> > Did you label your tapes? You can't use tapes in Bacula without labeling.
>
> Sure I did!

Great! So what job logs say about a volume selection when it selects "a
wrong volume"?
Your configuration seems to be fine, but what Bacula says about your
configuration - check bconsole command show job=...
Did you reload your configuration after any change?

> > When you label your tapes, just use "barcodes" options and Bacula will
> > read all barcodes from tapes and label them to match.
> > Then you should put all your new tapes in the Scratch pool during
> > labeling, so Bacula can take one to the selected pool when required.
>
> That's new to me. Is it relevant for my current issue?
> I want it to use existing volumes, not new ones.

Are your volumes labeled correctly?

> Pool "daily" should not create a "Vol-" volume in the "File" storage ...
> it shouldn't use "File" at all.

Yes, if you configured it as described.
I never had such a mistake in Bacula when correctly configured, but I've
seen this kind of mistake when incorrectly configured.

> > Finally you should configure the "Recycle" pool parameter pointing to
> > the Scratch pool, so all your unused tapes will return to it, closing
> > the cycle.
> > When carefully configured it will automatically rotate all your tapes,
> > which is good for them.
> >
> > I hope it helps
>
> phew, sounds even more complicated to me right now

As you wish. A default Bacula configuration which comes with a default
installation is the best suited for disk based backups and this is what you
call "clever defaults or automatisms" as it works perfectly from the start.
It is not meant to be used "as-is" for tape backups and needs more
customizations.

best regards
--
Radosław Korzeniewski