Patti,

At 09:12 PM 12/10/2004, you wrote:
>>I think that the point of it is that people might be interested in the Faith
>>with their heads, but their hearts & spirits need to be touched ....<<

I won't comment on the Ruhi part. However, I agree that the above is important,
and, to that extent, Hedi Ahmadiyya was on the right track. What was missing,
in my view was:

1. The absence of permanent community centers in each neighborhood.

2. The fact that the teachers immediately left. Consolidation teams would only
show up months or years later. Sometimes they would never show up. In my view,
the mass teachers should, ideally, be homefront pioneers who themselves will be
involved in the consolidation. (In fact, Ahmadiyya suggested that the same
people involved in mass teaching needed to do the consolidation.)

Mark A. Foster * http://markfoster.net
"Sacred cows make the tastiest hamburger"
-- Abbie Hoffman