In a message dated 12/11/2004 7:31:17 AM Central Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
In the Bahai faith women
can't participate in combat and can't be on the UHJ to make legal
rulings,  "Even" in Islam women like Khadijah owned their own
businesses, women led troops in battle, and women can study to become
scholars and muftis and make legal rulings.
There is nothing in the writings to my knowledge that keeps a woman from owning a business, or being a soldier, or become a scholar, lawyer, judge or academic.

Baha`u'llah says "9 men" on the Universal House of Justice, I don't know why. I fail to understand. But Abdu'l Baha says the wisdom of that will become apparent in the future.

As it is the National Spiritual Assemblies (which are nascent national Housesof Justice) and regional councils and local assemblies are many times with a majority of female membership amongst the nine.

Regards,

Scott