From: Susan Maneck <sman...@gmail.com>
To: Baha'i Studies <bahai-st@list.jccc.edu>
Sent: Wed, January 27, 2010 11:09:24 AM
Subject: Re: Sects

The Baha'i Studies Listserv
> I read once that Charles Mason Remey turned so many Baha'is in France into
> cbs that they had to dissolve the current National Spiritual Assembly of
> France and create a new one.

Dear Stephen,

It is not that so many French Baha'is accepted Mason Remey, it is that
so many of them were members of the French NSA. In fact there is good
reason to believe that it was Joel Marangella, one of the members of
that NSA who persuaded Remey make a claim to the Guardianship.

Donald Alfonse Harvey and Jacques Soghomonian
> was and is from France.

They were both members of that NSA as well.

Also since Joel Bray Marangella lives in Australia, they probably
> have some Orthodox Baha'is living in Australia?

As I said, Joel was originally a member of the French NSA. There are a
few of Remeyites in Australia, most notably the man Joel M. has
appointed as his successor.

warmest, Susan