The Baha'i Studies Listserv
On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 3:43 PM, Stephen Gray <skg_z...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> The Baha'i Studies Listserv
>

> Didn't Rashad Kalifa use Hadith to find that the Quran had false verses in
> it?

He may have referred to hadith. There are accounts of the different
pieces of the Quran being gathered by companions. And according to one
interpretation of one account there were two verses which were found
with one companion so the argument is that those two verses don't have
the same degree of multiple attestation
(mutawatir) as the other verses.

Rashid Khalifa also initially attracted a flurry of initial support
and interest from orthodox Muslim because he claimed to have
discovered a series of mathematical "miracles" and particularly
elegant patterns in the Quran. Eventually his system broke down and
instead of saying he was wrong he claimed that the verses in question
were wrong because they didn't fit his algorithm.

He also claimed to be a prophet/messenger...

> Also there are Khajirites who believe that the Sura of Yusuf is fake.

What do you mean by Khawarij? It was my understanding that the
original Khawarij don't really exist anymore but I at least assumed
they were Muslim. Similarly I thought the Ibadis also believed in the
same Quran. Which group are you talking about?