The Baha'i Studies Listserv

As I said, I was trying to wrap up and I am reluctant to make detailed comments
about the following. It looks like Matt Haase understood at least some of the
points I made. Gilberto either didn't understand or misunderstood my comments.
But I'm reluctant to try to clarify and reclarify again and again.

However, I find Gilberto's comment about the Baha'i understanding of the issue
of finality (Seal of the Prophets, etc.) and his reference to Baha'i
"metaphysical obfuscation" very unhelpful and insulting. He owes an apology to
the Baha'is on this list. The concept is very lucid, coherent, rational, in
full agreement with the general theme and thrust of all religions and Sacred
Scriptures, and there is no obfuscation.

For me as a Baha'i, the idea that at some point in time (e.g., in 632) God
decided to go into permanent retirement and leave humanity to its own devices
forever, with-holding His grace and bounty forever, is unacceptable and far
from His loving kindness, justice, and mercy.

This is a discussion list and nobody is proselytizing Gilberto or anyone else
because proselytizing is prohibited in the Baha'i Faith. Gilberto is here on
his own accord and he can leave anytime he wants. (Actually, a few years ago,
he was asked to leave this list and Susan told him that he was no longer
welcome here). At any rate, nobody is proselytizing him here.

Best regards,

Iskandar