The Baha'i Studies Listserv

That's still not a scientific logical test. That's spin. Have you tested any
people with this test. What is divine knowledge? When Baha'is use the term it
sounds like spin. The term Manifestation predates the Baha'i Faith. There's no
such definition in other scriptures, on what a messiah, madhi, qaim, kalki,
avatar, maitreya, buddha, saoshyant, shah-bahram, etc is.

You're using a retro-active definition and a retro-active revisionist history.
Do Krishna, Zoroaster, Buddha, etc. fit your paradigm despite being designated
Manifestations. All Manifestations before the Bab, have been designated
Manifestations retroactively. Most Muslims would consider considering Muhammad
to be such Ghulat(exaggeration). Ghulat sects were people who viewed Muhammad,
Fatima, Ali, Hasan, Husayn, etc. and their descendents/successor to be
Manifestations.

The Bab and Baha'u'llah changed the definition of  a pre-existent
terminology. Just looking at religious history will prove such a definition
isn't what Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, Zoroastrianism,
etc. prophesized. Looking retroactively, you could impose such a view on
religious history, but such a view actually has no basis in religious history.
As well as discrideting people like Confucius and Lao Tzu even though
Confucians
and Taoists would argue otherwise.

1. Return. They don't use the explicit word return, but Avatar claimanits cliam
an avataric lineage. Buddha and Boddhisattva cliamants as well as lama claim a
lineage too.

2. Yes, they claim divine knowledge even though some less theistic tradition
would use the word divine. Knowledge of various topics is associated with each
claimant. The topic vary per each claimant.

3. This one is complicated. Some claimants do go on to found independent
religion with their own scriptures while others do the same, but within the
framework of an existing religion.

I tended to look at Avatar and Buddha claimants recently rather than
Manifestation claimants (ie Joseph Emmanuel and Jamshid Mani). There is a
special noteworthy mention of Leland Jensen who despite claiming not to be a
Manifestation, does claim to be the first two out of three. He claims to be the
return of Joshua, Kalki, the knight on a white horse, the Saoshyant, Maitreya
(as a bodhisattva-mahasattva while Bahullah is Amitabha ie a buddha), the
Madhi,
the return of Jesus, etc. A Manifestation of God as this doctrine is linked
only
to Bayaniism and Bahaiism. He claim to be the Baha'i equivalent of a Mujadid
(reformer).