On Wed, 1 Nov 2000, Ronan Waide <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On October 31, [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
>>
>> /me raises hand
>>
>> For cooperativeness, LDAP might be our friend.  But then, there's
>> EUDC...
>
> I'd agree with that. Right tool for the job and stuff. I'd make some
> noise about outputting LDAP-friendly stuff from BBDB here, except I
> believe EUDC does that already?

The main reason I don't use EUDC and do use BBDB is that EUDC is a
*client*; it lacks the 'notice things' features of BBDB.

Now, I can imagine the BBDB becoming a client that sat behind the mailer
and updated some other backend database (via LDAP), as well as a
separate part that displayed integrated information (which EUDC
doesn't.)

        Daniel

--
Habius testiculi, habes cardia et cerebellum