On October 28, [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

> There is a mention in the TODO list of
>
>    * Sorting records on alternate keys.  `bbdb-sort-by' from Boris
>      Goldowsky.

I think this is sitting in my mailbox somewhere, along with a few
other bits from Boris.

> that should be useful; does the bleeding-edge BBDB implement this yet?
> If it does I'll pull it down and rewrite the BBDB expiry and sorting
> code for it.

I'd appreciate if you could code the bbdb-expire stuff against 2.2
rather than 2.00.06, as it would make it easier to integrate into the
current CVS tree.

> (Equally, there is an entry
>
>    * Soren Dayton's method for generically extending the BBDB with
>      special-purpose fields
>
> which would be useful, especially if those fields could be other than
> strings; it is annoying to have to convert numeric data to strings and
> back all the time.)

I can't find any trace of this, either on the web or on deja. I've
managed to track down a few other bits and pieces mentioned in the
TODO list, but a lot of them, alas, appear to have vanished along with
the previous maintainer (!).

Waider.
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED] / Yes, it /is/ very personal of me.

Ronan Waide, Technology Non-Consultant, please update your addressbook